» 2 Week Mechanic Program
2 Week Mechanic Program
The Bikeroom mechanic training program is a 11 day intensive program designed for the rider or mechanic who wants to gain confidence working on bicycles. Classes run from 9am to 5pm starting Monday and ending on the following Friday, this program is very hands on working with used bikes when we can so you can get the full bike shop experience. Our classes are small (limited to 6) and very interactive working at your own bench with your hands always dirty.
At the Bikeroom Mechanic School:
- We teach and learn on all types of bikes and components weather it be a road bike, mountain bike, commuter bike or unicycle, all skills are transferable. This Program Includes: Disk Brakes (both hydraulic and mechanical) cartridge and loose ball bearing systems, Suspension, shift system, wheel building and much more.
- We teach the principle not procedure. This allows mechanics to take the skills they learn and apply them to any repair situation.
- Students will come out of the course feeling confident to tackle any job on any make or model of bicycle.
- Learn how to use “your” tools. The best mechanics are not created equal, neither are the best tools. We have multiple tool sets so you learn the ”person-ability” behind a variety of different tools. You can figure out why a tool works better or worse for you.
- Intertwined throughout the course is profitability and productivity as well as customer service. Students will come out of the program with a basic understanding of the numbers and customer satisfaction.
- On the Saturday we venture across town to visit some bike shops, see how they operate and talk with fellow mechanics.
- To keep the classroom fun we often go for lunch and explore the local bicycle community together
Want a job as a mechanic in a bike shop? This is your foot in the door.
As a mechanic you cant know everything, students will leave this course with not only amazing mechanic skill but the knowledge and know how on improving those skills. We teach you how to find the right information to tackle any job at home or in the repair shop.
Cost: $2475 + 5% tax
Schedule/Book online here
Course Book is $150
Electronic copy is free